The (Sr.) SEO Director serves as the key thought leader in aligning the internal strategy with a customer’s business goals, and leads cross-functional delivery teams to ensure consistent delivery against their key performance indicators. They report directly to the Sr. Director of Technical SEO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Develops cross-functional enterprise SEO strategies and plans on behalf of Fortune 500 Brands, for delivery teams to execute.
- Ensures the cross-functional teams understand strategy and consistently perform against customer deliverables, in partnership with other functional leadership.
- Acts as point-of-contact/liaison/partner to customers on the strategic direction of their SEO program; leads senior-level customer relationships inclusive of strategy, related presentations, and contextualization of results.
- Prepares and delivers Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) on behalf of the Terakeet delivery teams to respective customers.
- Analyzes program success to better understand and gauge positive and negative changes, identifies strategic opportunities, facilitates change in order to hit and exceed client expectations and KPIs.
- Manages a team of SEO Managers and Analysts through regular performance assessments and career conversations, identifying the need for corrective action measures, and providing positive and constructive feedback regularly.
- Plays an integral role in the hiring process and partners with the Technical SEO Training Manager to ensure new direct reports achieve time-to-productivity goals through effective onboarding and training.
- Stays current with industry trends, best practices, and develops a plan to best incorporate these into our campaigns, communications, and programs.
- Travels to on-site customer meetings as necessary (when travel is safe again).
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Profound understanding of search engine ranking signals, technical SEO elements, and SEO theory.
- Proven ability to regularly engage in high level business and strategy conversations.
- Advanced knowledge of SEO best practices, concepts, statistics, and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of SEO tools (backlink/competitive analysis, traffic, social reporting, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SEO algorithmic ranking factors (information architecture, backlink analysis, SEO meta elements, structured data, server-side, etc.)
- Proven team leadership qualities, including the ability to offer positive reinforcement, hold others accountable, and provide constructive criticism when appropriate.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with teams
- Ability to generate and present thought leadership on behalf of Terakeet.
Terakeet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.